Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Is There A Hurricane In Washington

Oh, Spring, how ye've abandoned us. Wind gusts to 52 today, enough to knock out the electricity and the cable. The gutter is about to fly off the fittings! I'm almost being forced to pick up my knitting needles, something I've not done since December.

I thought I'd left the sound of generators in Florida, but our neighbors have cranked up their rather noisy one and it'll make me jealous if the temperature drops further than the current 50 degrees. It's okay though, I feel pretty noble and stalwart. And the glass of wine I just finished has warmed me at bit.

So...power was out from 1:00 to 9:30. Around 6 I wandered over to the neighbor-landlords' house, played a little pirate with their son, slurped some whiskey, and scored some turkey burgers. If I can get past the grossness of ground turkey, I'll make some of my own. I mean, how easy is this?

24 oz turkey
2 packages organic cut frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 onion

Squoosh together and, perhaps, top them off with some Montreal Steak Seasoning (although we had ours sans). About 5 minutes each side, some mayo, and voila.
Early to bed. Snuffed the candles, switched off the flashlights, and snored.

No comments:

Post a Comment